Heathrow is committed to becoming a better neighbour to the communities living closest to the airport, today and in the future.
Expansion provides a unique opportunity to build a long-term and sustainable legacy for our neighbours by investing millions of pounds to improve the local environment, generating thousands of new jobs and apprenticeships and helping to drive improvements to public transport and the road networks. Expansion will deliver:
- 40,000 job opportunities for the local community.
- 5,000 additional apprenticeships, bringing the total to 10,000 by 2030.
- A legacy of skilled, local experts for future infrastructure projects.
- New trade and export opportunities for local businesses.
Heathrow is already one of the biggest single site employers in the entire country with 76,500 people directly employed at the airport.
Up to 40,000 jobs in the local area are expected to be created with expansion and it will double the number of apprenticeships at Heathrow, to a total of 10,000.
Together, these opportunities will have the potential to provide every unemployed young person in our five local boroughs with an apprenticeship, training or a job.
A lasting skills legacy
Heathrow expansion is a unique opportunity to equip Britain with a legacy of skills for generations to come. Working together with other infrastructure projects, Heathrow has an important role to play to develop the talent needed today, and arm a generation with the skills it needs for future projects.
In January 2017 we set up a Skills Taskforce under the leadership of Lord Blunkett, to provide recommendations on delivering a clear skills strategy to build and operate an expanded Heathrow. Its recommendations will help maximise the employment benefits of expansion, ensure opportunities for young people to fulfil their potential, and help Heathrow to become a role model for social mobility and diversity.
The Taskforce is also sharing best practice in engaging with supply chains to ensure skills are developed across the UK during the third runway’s construction phase, supporting a national legacy for the future.
The independent Heathrow Skills Taskforce published a series of recommendations in September 2018 that could help the UK capitalise on the tens of thousands of new jobs, apprenticeships and career development opportunties which will be created by the airport’s expansion:
- The launch of a new ‘infrastructure skills passport’; a recognised Infrastructure Record of Achievement developed alongside other major UK infrastructure projects, encouraging future employers to recognise workers’ skills and past experiences, aiding their career progression.
- The establishment of a skills partnership with the further and higher education sectors; helping adapt and reskill the existing workforce and create a pipeline of talent not only to benefit Heathrow but also the wider infrastructure industry.
- The promotion of career choices and engagement with the education sector; deliver 10,000 work experience days over the lifetime of the expansion project and engage with a wider group on entry points into a Heathrow career, including older job seekers and groups facing barriers to employment and progression.
- The publication of an apprenticeship plan; specify the numbers and levels of apprenticeships expected from Heathrow and its supply chain in the future.
- Lead business change, including ensuring suppliers and commercial contracts provide clear targets on apprenticeships, recruitment of local people and commitments to diversity and inclusion.
For more information on the taskforce, please contact [email protected]
Heathrow Employment & Skills Academy
Heathrow set up the Heathrow Employment & Skills Academy in 2004 to support in delivering its promise of new jobs and apprenticeships. We bring together Heathrow, our business partners, local employers and a range of service providers.
The Academy provides a range of bespoke services to help employers attract, retain and develop their colleagues. The Academy is not just about securing new jobs and apprenticeships, but life-long careers for local residents. Our training and mentoring schemes aim to inspire employees at all levels to deliver the best possible customer service, and to learn and grow from this.
We offer careers to suit everyone, from retail and hospitality to construction and aviation. More information about the Academy can be found here.