Privacy Notice: Home Purchase Bond Scheme Contact Request Form
Updated: 18th June 2019
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Ltd (Heathrow) collects personal information about you when processing your Home Purchase Bond Contact Request Form. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information.
Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What information will we collect about you?
To enable us to contact you and provide you with information in relation to the Home Purchase Bond Scheme, we may collect the following information about you:
- Name/ trading name/company name; Home Address/registered company address; Email address; Contact address and telephone number;
- Any additional items of information which you provide to Heathrow to support your Home Purchase Bond Scheme application, if you choose to apply.
In addition to the information above, Heathrow may collect unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our ‘cookies’ section.
What is the legal basis for processing personal information?
As a promoter of a DCO application, we have a legitimate interest in collecting and using personal information to engage with you to further develop and progress our plans and our property policies for compensation in relation to the proposed expansion of Heathrow airport.
Where have you obtained my information from?
The information contained on the Contact Request Form has been sourced from the Land Interest Questionnaire that you returned to us.
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Your data will be processed by Heathrow to support your request to obtain more information about the Home Purchase Bond Scheme and our Compensation Offers. At the launch of the Home Purchase Bond Scheme, Heathrow will make available a privacy notice explaining how personal information may be used in connection with the Scheme.
Who will have access to my information?
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas. Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your information will be retained and held in a secure environment for:
- Twelve years after you have completed the process of selling your property to Heathrow, should you enter into a Home Purchase Bond, at which point we will review the need to retain your information or
- if you do not enter into a Home Purchase Bond, for no more than a year after the closure date of the Home Purchase Bond Scheme, or
- the date on which it is determined that Heathrow will not operate the Home Purchase Bond Scheme.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request.
- Ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete any of your personal information which we no longer have a legitimate reason for keeping.
- Restrict the processing of your information if we are using it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected.
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified.
- Withdraw consent for the processing of your information where this is justified and we have no other legitimate grounds for processing it.
To exercise your rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
By email to:
By post to:
Privacy Requests Office of the DPO
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
What if you find our response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.