Privacy Notice: Land Access Licence
Updated: 25th May 2018
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Ltd (Heathrow) collects personal information about you in order to facilitate the negotiation and completion of Land Access Licences in relation to the environmental impact assessments required as part of the Heathrow Expansion Programme. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information.
Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information will we collect about you?
When we collect personal information for the purpose of completing the Land Access Licence, we may collect the following information about you:
1. Name/ trading name / company name;
2. Home address/ registered company address;
3. Email address;
4. Contact telephone number;
5. Land interest/ownership status; and
6. Any additional items of personal information which you provide to Heathrow to complete the Land Access Licence and agree access arrangements.
Why is Heathrow collecting information about me?
The collection of personal data shall be required in order to agree and complete Land Access Licences which shall facilitate both environmental and ground investigation surveys in the vicinity of the existing airport. The data collected as a result of these surveys shall inform our emerging designs for the expansion of the airport. Furthermore, the lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is that it is in the legitimate interests of Heathrow to conduct an Environmental Impact Assessment in order for Heathrow to comply with its obligations as set out within the Planning Act 2008.
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Your data will be processed by Heathrow staff and passed to our trusted third-party suppliers, principally our programme client partners, Wood Plc, Jacobs, WSP UK Limited, Fugro and administrative support organisations, such as printers, to process your data. We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Your information is processed in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your information will be retained for a period of ten years following completion of the expansion of Heathrow at which point we will review the need to retain your information for the purpose of environmental and ground investigation surveys.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request;
- Ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you;
- Ask us to delete any of your personal information which we no longer have a legitimate reason for keeping;
- Restrict the processing of your information if you feel we are using it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected;
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified;
- Withdraw consent for the processing of your information where this is justified and we have no other legitimate grounds for processing it;
To exercise your rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post to:
Office of the DPO
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
What if I find your response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.