Privacy Notice: Poyle Business & Community Forum
Updated: 20th December 2019
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow collects personal information about you when you volunteer to take part in the Poyle Business and Community Forum. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What information will we collect about you?
When you volunteer to take part in the Poyle Business and Community Forum we will collect the following information:
- Organisation you represent;
- Contact email address;
Heathrow collects information about how you use our website and the device(s) you use to access it. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’.
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
- To record the views of the forum, setting out what issues have been raised and how we have responded to that feedback (identifiable personal information will not be identified in any such reports);
- To keep a record of sections of the community that have provided feedback on our proposals;
- To provide insight to assist with the development of our expansion plans.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is consent given by you, the individual, in line with using Heathrow Community Relations services. GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 gives a specific right to withdraw your consent and you can do so at any time by contacting Heathrow at the details given below.
Your personal data will be handled solely by Heathrow and will not be shared with any other organisation. If you confirm that you would like us to do so then we will share your contact details with other members of the Poyle Business and Community Forum. This is however optional, and you are under no obligation to give us permission to do so.
We will keep your information within Heathrow except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed only within the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be retained for as long as you remain a member of the Poyle Business and Community Forum. If you notify Heathrow that you no longer wish to be a member of the forum then Heathrow will delete your personal information.
Under the provisions of the Data protection Act 2018, you have the following rights in respect of our use of your personal information within the Poyle Business and Community Forum:
- Obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you by making a subject access request;
- Ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you;
- Ask us to delete any of your personal information which we no longer have a legitimate reason for keeping;
- Restrict the processing of your information if we are using it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected;
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified;
For further information about exercising your rights, please contact: [email protected] or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
What if I find your response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.