Expansion Programme – Innovation Partners
We are pleased to launch the procurement process for Innovation Partners on Heathrow’s Expansion Programme.
Heathrow’s vision is “to give passengers the best airport service in the world” and we are inviting proposals from third parties that could help make us the most successful hub airport in the world in a way that is sustainable, affordable and financeable.
What is an Innovation Partner?
Innovation Partners will bring demonstrable capabilities, knowledge, commitment and innovation capability to implement their proposals with Heathrow. These proposals may include alternative design, engineering or construction approaches for parts of the masterplan.
Proposals must align with Heathrow’s strategic objectives and regulatory and planning constraints. They should also align with the Government’s National Policy Statement and support the efficiency of a single integrated hub airport in the interests of consumers (i.e. Heathrow will continue to own and operate the hub airport as a single entity).
We are committed to a collaborative process and welcome all proposals that will align with our strategic objectives to improve passenger experience, drive cost efficiency, grow commercial revenues and deliver sustainability targets.
Further details on the procurement process and timetable can be found at: https://procurement.heathrow.com/ by navigating to ‘Current Opportunities’ and completing the registration process.
Further procurement phases will involve the development of proposals into potential business cases, and the presentation of proposals for further consideration and joint development.
Interested parties should refer to the following resources to assist with the preparation of their submission:
- Heathrow’s plans for expansion via https://www.heathrowexpansion.com
- Heathrow 2.0, our sustainability strategy via https://www.heathrow.com/company/community-and-environment/heathrow-2-0 and https://www.heathrow.com/file_source/Company/Static/PDF/Communityandenvironment/heathrow-2-0.pdf
- The National Policy Statement https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revised-draft-airports-national-policy-statement
- Heathrow’s Consultation 1 submission available, here.
- Briefing to Potential Partners of 14 June, available, here.